Alyson teaches a variety of workshops in Canada, the US, and Europe. Her entertaining style and depth of knowledge will keep you engaged.
Emotional RegulationSaturday, Apr 4, 2020 9:00am
Today’s incident rate of anxiety, depression, ADD and ADHD, oppositional defiance and other emotional and behavioral struggles are on the rise. Children’s ability to handle the barrage of stimulus in their environment, including sensory stimulation, social stressors, etc., can be under developed or compromised so their systems are flooded. Having children reduce this flooding is a teachable skill, but they need their parents help in learning such emotional regulation. “Control yourself” is not going to cut it.
This workshop will teach parents how to emotionally regulate themselves in the face of a child having an “episode”, and by extension, help children to get regulated and remain regulated to better handle life in a responsive rather than reactive manner.
In this workshop parents will learn:
* A basic understanding of emotional regulation
* The socio-biology of personal connection
* Recognizing what de-regulation looks like and how to respond
* Activities to practice to gain better abilities to regulate ourselves (for parents and child)
* Ways to reduce stressors on the nervous system
The tools and techniques taught in this workshop are applicable to children of all ages.
This is a workshop designed for parents only (no children please).